Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Winter in London-land 

Gosh, this site has really been neglected, hasn't it? It's been an amazingly busy year since the wedding, and here are some updates for those who are still visiting:

Married Life
Pure bliss. YY is a perfect husband, so perfect that I feel guilty for bullying him sometimes. :) I'm trying my best to be a good wife too, although it's still some way off the mark in terms of cooking, housework..... oh well.

He bought this huge bouquet of flowers on Valentine's Day and had it delivered to my office. I wasn't expecting it at all and it was such a wonderful surprise. My first V-Day bouquet! I was grinning like an idiot the whole day, and the other ladies in the office were 'hating' it.

Hong Kong
Settled in my tiny 688 sq ft apartment. Although I wish it's bigger, the location and the apartment building itself is ideal - convenient for food and transportation; by the sea which makes for romantic walks. Sleepaholic and friends became my first Singaporean friends to visit since I moved here. We played 2 overnight mahjongs in a row! That was fun, but it would have been MORE fun had I not lost. My parents had to sleep in the living room when they stayed over.

Experienced my first-ever winter as well. I went nuts buying an brand new winter wardrobe. YY said I've spent more on winter clothing in 2 months than he did in his entire life. Well, a gal needs enough coats and scarves and boots to match right? Too bad the winter doesn't seem to be lasting as long as it usually does (I was told so). Which was why I had to bring as much of these new clothes as I could to London where I can wear them. That's for later though.

Work
Busy, busy, busy after the promotion. Job scope is enlarged and I now have to cover China as well. Regional boss is also based in Hong Kong, so I've been able to learn a lot from him and obtain career advice.

Which brings me to where I am now. London. Our company's head quarters.

Been here for the past 3 weeks with a team of 5 comprising members from each region. The job here is unprecedented and we are piloting the process, which equates to ambiguity and high stress. High exposure, but equally high risk of heads on chopping boards if we fail. Team dynamics wasn't that great in the first week, but it has sort of settled into an acceptable status.

Bonus payment and increment is due this month, but I've not received confirmation of the amount yet. Waiting like an abalone on hot plate. I witnessed that when YY brought me to a Tepanyaki restaurant for my birthday dinner. Very yummy as well. I'm digressing.

Shopping
Bought a champagne gold Anterprima bag (his V-day present to me) last month. Been shopping like crazy this few weekends in London since I'm so bored without company. That was before a Malaysian colleague came over though. We might go to Bath tomorrow. Her boyfriend's here as well though, and they had plans to visit his boss. So, I went shopping again today and couldn't resist buying a Burberry bag - beige checks/ black patent handles. I shouldn't be blamed for this. Afterall, I'm in London! Where else better to get a Burberry? Not sure how I'm going to fit everything into my lugagge(s) though. Hope that it wouldn't exceed the weight limit. It would, but I'm hoping they would just keep quiet about it. None of that nonsense about charging US$50 (??) for a kg.

My second favourite activity - food. Been missing Singaporean food since I moved to Hong Kong. My Malaysian colleague introduced me to this Singaporean/ Malaysian restaurant the other day. I went back there again today for both lunch and dinner. Paid 10 times the price I would have in Singapore, but it was worth it to settle the cravings. Of course, it's on company accounts....

Cheerios.

0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise