Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Sense of loss 

Yesterday was my last day. I will start my job (in Co.B) in May and it's in a ulu area which is relatively near my home. (Co.A couldn't match my expected salary.)

As I walked along the revamped Raffles Place Exchange tunnel to the MRT station, I felt a sense of loss. I've been working in this area ever since I graduated. It was a vibrant place, teeming with people all dressed to impress. Lunchtime is full of possibilities. I can eat at the hawker centres, food courts, small cafes or restaurants. If I don't feel like eating, I can shop in the area or hop onto the train to Orchard Rd. Errands can easily be settled as there is such a wide range of shops and services within a stone's throw, from banks, stationery stores, CD shops etc. I can meet my friends in town after work for dinner.

No more of these in the new place.

It also hit me when I woke up this morning at 7am. I will never sit at my cubicle in our nice, big and posh office again, chit chatting with Su whom I face. My work station looked bare after I was done stripping it of my postcards and packing my belongings yesterday.

Yes, there are many 'push factors' for me to leave this company. That's not to say I won't miss working here. Afterall, I've been here for 2.5 years.

However, no point in dwelling on these things anymore. The new company can offer me higher pay and more in terms of training and development. There will be plenty of travelling opportunities. So, I'm moving on.....


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise