Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Sunday, February 27, 2005

To Stay or To Go? 

I attended an external course this week and took the opportunity to go for 2 interviews on Thursday. On Friday, one of the companies (Co. A) informed me that they will be offering me the position, details of which they are still working out and will let me know by next Tues.

I'm in a dilemma over whether to accept it.

1) Salary: My current company's increment for this year has yet to be announced. I'm expecting a substantial jump because Boss has recommended me for a promotion. Co. A has also me informed that they are unable to match my expected salary. Therefore, a comparison still has to be made when things are clearer.

2) Job location: My current work environment is at Raffles Place, the ideal location for me. Office is new. I'm surrounded by professional-looking people. I can go shopping if I don't wish to have lunch. Co. A is located in an industrial estate nearer to the East side while I live in the West. It will take me at least 1.5 hours to get to work. The environment is super 'ulu', meaning no nicely dressed people, but plenty of dirt and flats. Very bimbotic, but it matters to me.

3) Job Opportunities: Prospective Boss seems nice and willing to give me opportunities. The new job involves chances for travel to Australia and China while the current job is limited to Indonesia mainly. The main push factor is that Boss has a fixed opinion of me (which isn't great) and it might be better for me to start anew. There will certainly be plenty of satisfaction is giving her my resignation letter.

4) Company: My current company is a US MNC. Therefore, there is a certain level of prestige associated with working there. Co. A, although it has investments and subsidiaries overseas, is still a local company and a subsidiary itself. Most job advertisements nowadays request for experience in established listed companies or MNC. I'm not so sure whether this would be a good move for me in terms of future jobs.

Anyway, I have to wait for the salary on both sides to be confirmed before I make a final decision.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise