Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Terror of God's will? Earthquake and Tsunami. 

Death toll has reached 63,000 as of today and it is estimated to hit 100,000. My heart goes out to the victims. To think that only a few months ago, I was lying on Patong Beach and Phi Phi island sunbathing. I can't imagine what I would have done then or what would have happened to me had a huge tsunami wave came crashing onto the beach and sweeping away all in its way.

The videos of the scenes of destruction, the testimonies of those who escaped, the reports of those missing and the rising statistics. This tragedy far surpasses that of Sars or even the 911 terrorist attack. What especially got to me was the report of a 3-year-old boy in a Thailand hospital. He was rescued by a tour guide who sent him there. His parents have most likely perished. The hospital staffs are unable to even identify which country he is from and he can't talk coherently at this age. I wonder how many such children are out there?

There are many in need of our help now. Please be generous in your donations. Donations can be made via Mercy Relief and its institutional partners – Singapore Soka Association (SSA) & Young Sikh Association (YSA) – together with the Singapore Red Cross Society (SRCS). Modes of payments include phone donation, cheques, credit card and internet banking transfers.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise