Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Romance in Bangkok Part 2 

I have been such a terrible blogger lately! All my time on the net has been tied up chatting with SL. Otherwise, I prefer to spend my times off it doing other essential things like catching up with my TV shows.

Here's the 2nd part of my bangkok trip........

26th Sept 04
12:30pm: We got out of bed and went out only when the sound of my stomach rumbling got really loud! We headed to Jatuchak weekend market with the intention of having lunch at nice restaurants nearby before going shopping. Once there, we realise that there isn't any such places around. However, the aroma of the local delicacies sold in the market attracted us and we binged on snacks which I can't even name! There was the fried octupus, some vege wrapped in flour and fried (a bit like Singapore's 'sun kway'), a corn snack etc. We finished off with a ice cream stick each.

Shopping.....as with the prior afternoon in Siam Square, I couldn't find any suitable clothes in my sizes, although I didn see a few pretty items which could be worn on weekends. I did manage to buy a pair of pink leather Converse shoes this time though. Real bargain at THB1,050 (about S$42)! There were also plenty of interesting home decor items and furnitures which would have cost a bomb in Singapore. Too bad, I'm not able to carry these big items back or have any real need for them at the moment.

3:30pm: Again, the heat got to me. All hot and sweaty, all I wanted was the find a nice spa where I can cool down and relax. We hailed a cab to Sukhumvit Rd again, No.51 this time. After an hour's ride, we couldn't find a spa at No 51, even though there were 2 listed!

5:00pm: So after another 15 minutes in the traffic jam, we ended up at No 39 outside a spa listed. However, we spotted another one which looked more interesting, Wasikan, House of Spa. It was a standalone building and is therefore, very spacious. I found the atmosphere of the Spa very relaxing, professional and just plain soothing. Even though there's only an available slot for the Thai massage 2 hours later, we decided to wait. We hopped inside an air-conditioned (very rare!) ice-cream cafe, Providence, ordered 2 smoothies, a plate of fries and just lounged on the pink sofa in front of the window for 2 hours, watching the world go by. It was great just sitting there cuddling with him and chit-chatting about nothing in particular.

7:00pm: Wasikan spa lived up to our expectation - the environment was extremely romantic and the Thai massage (90min - THB1,000) is the best I've tried so far, with the pressure just right. I would highly recommend this spa to anyone travelling to Bangkok.

9:30pm: After putting our purchases back in the hotel room, we walked around the area to find a place for dinner. Just 10min from the hotel, we landed upon a modern (and expensive) looking restaurant, decorated with lots of dark wood, soft lighting and big freen plants. Initially, I thought they served western food, but it turned out to be a Thai restaurant, which is even better (should try some local food!). We ordered tiger prawns, green curry and mixed vegetables with cashew nuts. The tiger prawns were yummy! Total cost of the dinner was only about THB700 (S$30).

11:00pm: Back in the room, we watched a bit of VCD, a korean show which I missed the ending when I watched it in Singapore. Extremely tired, I nodded off while watching it.

27th Sept 04
6:30am: He sent me off to the airport before going back to work. Somehow, we ended up in the wrong airport terminal again this time! Turns out AirAsia uses the domestic terminal. It was an extremely bittersweet goodbye. Those farewell hugs and kisses of couples at the airport you see on TV? We acted it out.....


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise