Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Considering Civil Service? 

Workaholic and Mydaemon would cheer! Our new Prime Minister Lee has just announced a 5-day work week for the Civil Service in his National Day Rally speech.

Some of the other changes which is very petinent to us commoners:
1) 12 weeks maternity leave, extra costs absorbed by govt.
2) Infant care subsidy, which will be higher than childcare subsidy
3) Decreased maid levy for families with children <12 years
4) Childcare leave for parents with children <7 years - 2 days a year.
5) Tax incentive for first 4 children

I hope I got all the details right. But notice something? All the above are targeted to facilitate a better environment for couples to have children. They are reeeally concerned about the decreasing birthrate. I would cheer, except that I'm not a 'couple' yet.

Before PM Lee announced the 5-day Civil Service work week, he mentioned that he had resisted and rejected many such proposals for years. Then, he acknowledged that it's now necessary. It signifies to me that he is a PM willing to accept past mistakes and to make changes. Cheers!


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise