Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Mirror? 

The more I watch Sex & the City, the more I think that Carrie and Mr Big's relationship mirrors my relationship with Someone. Or is it so common and men are the same everywhere?

Season 2 Episode 12, La Douleur Exquise, talks about him relocating to Paris to work for a few months.

He's packing for a week-long business trip to Paris.....

She: "There's a coming event that we're invited to."
Him: "I might not be able to attend as I might not even be here in summer."
She: "Why?"
Him: "Oh, I might be moving to Paris for a few months, maybe 7 to a year, for work."
She: "When were you planning on telling me?!"
Him: "Nothing's definite yet, it depends on the outcome of this trip."


I had the exact same conversation with Someone when he told me about going to NY to work. What is so difficult about discussing something with me BEFORE plans are finalised rather than INFORMING me after?

Later, when he's in bed in Paris and she calls him at 5am.....

She (after a few cocktails): "Why didn't you tell me about this earlier or even discussed it with me?"
Him: "It's 5am, can we discuss this later?"
She: "With you, there's never later. You are always doing this, going here. There's never time!"
Him: "Look, it's 5am and I have a meeting later. I need to sleep."


Again, another familiar scenario. A woman needs to talk and all the man cares about is his sleep. Is his f***ing sleep more important than our emotional needs?

He's back from Paris.....

She, after berating herself for being selfish and standing in the way of his work, which is of course important: "It's ok, you go to Paris. We can do this. We can always travel back and fro to see each other. If it's really bad, I can always move to Paris for a few months and write my column from there."
Him: "If you move to Paris, I hope it's for yourself and not for me."
She: "Why would I move to Paris if not for you?"
Him: "Look, I'm just saying I don't want you to uproot your life and expecting anything."
She: "I'm such an idiot! I've done so much and you don't even CARE if I'm in your life."
Him: "I want to be in a relationship where if I HAVE TO go to Paris, I HAVE TO go to Paris."
She: "What happens to us?"
Him: "This isn't about US. It's about WORK!"
She: "I can't do this anymore..... You said you love me."
Him: "I do."


I'm not sure whether whether it's the different priorities between men and women or it's just their selfish nature wanting to have the best of both worlds.

Another line from Carrie: I was the real sadist. He might be the one with the whip but I'm the one who chose to tie myself to a man who refused to be tied down.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise