Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The joyous occasion 

Finally, a wedding in the family. For this, I can sacrifice a bit of sleep on my off day and crawl out of bed at 6:30am.

3rd uncle calls at 8:00am and asked us to hurry up and get there as the wedding car has left the house.

I'm wearing jeans and my FCUK spaghetti-strapped top rather than the skirt intended. Comfort wins.

The wedding couple arrived at my uncle's house at 10:00am. Finally. I'm kinda bored by the lack of action. Apparently, my cousin and his male helpers were up throughout the night playing mahjong. Guys will be guys. Ladies need our beauty sleep.

We have to hide in the karaoke room when they enter the house. Some sort of custom, I was told, to prevent clashes. In what, I'm not sure.

Wedding couple gets some rest before the tea ceremony. They knelt down and offers tea to the elders one by one as a sign of respect. Ang Bao (red packet) given to them by the elders as a blessing.

Gee, my parents are so happy to be drinking the tea. Can just imagine their joy if it's my brother or me. NOT happening anytime soon. Gosh, I am being bombarded left, right and centre by the relatives with questions as to when it's my turn. Pissed me off, and super stressed.

After the buffet lunch, the wedding couple heads back to the bride's family home for more tea ceremony there.

On our side, we are adjourning home to rest and glam ourselves up for the night.

After half an hour's nap, I went to get my hair done: curls like a princess.

**********


Decked out in my hot pink Song & Kelly dress and sparkling diamond choker, I am all set to go. Dad is wearing a suit, Mummy's in her purple lacy outfit and bro's in his black shirt and pants.

At the wedding venue, we stand at the entrance welcoming guests and my 2nd Uncle (father of the groom) is busy informing everybody their allocated table numbers. My 2nd Uncle is good friends with a local celebrity and amazingly, he turns up on the dot, unlike the other people who can coolly stroll in an hour after the stipulated time.

About 95% of the invited guests have arrived and are seated. The wedding dinner's formally underway.

Other than the local celebrity, 2nd Uncle is also buddies with a male and female Taiwanese singers (they sing oldies). The male has flown in specially for the occasion. Of course the opportunity is not missed. The emcee got them up on stage halfway through the dinner and they entertained with some good ole singing. The local celebrity is also invited up to the stage after that where he made the floor laugh with his wits.

Dinner ends at 11:00pm. My cousin is originally 1/4 sober but his helpers ended that by toasting him with 2 more full mugs of beer. We can barely get him into the car after that.

All in all, a good night.

0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise