Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Interview stress 

I called the company up this morning and the lady told me they have yet to confirm whether they can accomodate my time for an interview. She also basically told me that in the event that they can't and I am not willing to take leave to do this, then I might not even be granted an interview. Which would have been fine with me actually. I'll come to that soon. Anyway, she called not long after and said that they can hold the interview for me at lunchtime on Monday.

I'm supposed to fill up an application form and email it back to her tomorrow, which I'm now in the midst of doing. One particular question stumped me - What are your career objectives now and in 3 to 5 years’ time?

Honestly, I have no idea how to answer that. People who knows me personally would know that I'm a person who doesn't really plan my life, I go along with the flow and grab whatever opportunities comes along. I do know that I'll like to be in at least some sort of managerial/ supervisory position in 3-5 years time. Does having my own room count as an objective? But how am I supposed to phrase this in a politically correct statement?

That was the more realistic objective. Ultimate objective? To get out of the rat race and retire as a tai-tai enjoying afternoon hi-teas, spa treatments, mahjong sessions etc. Yeah, dream on right?

As for why I'm not really enthusiastic about the interview........

First it's not a job and industry that really interests me (sounds dead boring actually). The only reason I applied is because it's a big and reputable listed company and my experience fits the job requirements.

Secondly, I'm expecting to be sent for an overseas assignment in the coming months which would be a big plus in my resume. Also, it's highly likely I'll be promoted early next year. Lastly, Boss has finally put up a request for a new headcount today, meaning I won't be the most junior in my department very soon.

All things considered, I don't think I'll be changing jobs for at least a year unless they can offer a very substantial increase in pay. I'll be going into this interview basically for more "interview experience" which I don't have much of. But damn, it's still stressful. And I hope word of this doesn't get back to Boss.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise