Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Work saga 

I sms Boss yesterday morning asking whether I could take leave. She didn't reply, so I thought it was better to be politically correct and went to work. The conversation that followed:

Boss: "What are you doing here? I thought you are taking leave?"
Me: "Oh, you didn't reply, so I assumed it wasn't approved."
Boss: "I was in a hurry to go to gym and my son was playing with my handphone. Do you need to go off then?"
Me: "It's ok, I'll take the leave another day."

In the afternoon:

Boss: "Next time, just drop me a message if you need to go on leave. I'll leave it up to you to decide how to manage your own time. As long as the work gets done, you can take leave when you need to. You don't need to wait for my approval."
Me: "I thought it wasn't too good to just go missing when you haven't given your approval. So, can I take leave tomorrow instead?"

That's how I end up sleeping in today. But it's a double-edged sword if you ask me. If I take leave without finishing my work (which is never-ending anyway), she will grouse about it. Or maybe I'm just too cynical. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, Boss is actually quite lax with us, especially on working hours.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise