Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Lao Yu Sheng 

Tomorrow is the 7th day of Chinese New Year (CNY), Ren Ri i.e. the day when humans were made by Nuwa, the goddess who created earth and all things living (this is what I remember of the legend, correct me if I'm wrong).

In a uniquely Singapore/ Malaysia custom, we will normally have a dish called Yu Sheng (raw fish mixed with some other shredded ingredients like carrot) during CNY which we will try and toss as high as possible before eating. This is supposed to signify Bu Bu Gao Sheng, meaning we will do well in our careers in the coming year. This whole process is called Lao Yu Sheng (Mandarin)/ Lo Hei (Cantonese) and I'm not sure why, but most people prefer to do it on Ren Ri.

So, Second Boss, Su and I thought of organizing a lunch with some of our usual lunch partners from the other departments (Second Boss' power lunch gang) and go Lao Yu Sheng. To my amazement, all the restaurants within 5km of Raffles Place were fully booked for the 12pm slot. In the end, we had to do away with the dim sum and settle for a Teochew restaurant.

(I have already Lao once in JB last Fri and have another session planned for Sun with my friends. Hopefully, the more times I Lao, the better work will be? )


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise