Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Saturday, January 17, 2004

JC outing 

It has been a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Last night, I attended a JC (junior college) gals class gathering with Jael, Jac, LeeK, Yen and Lin. Dinner was at the glass house Fish & Co, which isn't exactly my favourite restaurant. They had some Friday entertainment where the birthday boys and gals in the place had to play some games and the final reward/ punishment is that they have to grab a stranger for a birthday kiss (on the cheeks) lasting 5 sec.

The average age in the restaurant was 15-23? Gosh, we felt so overage. And I had a shocking revelation during the dinner. Lin let out that since JC days, they were already spreading word that I liked Dave, that it was common knowledge. Damn! I thought no one knew at all, but apparently it was common secret which even Dave himself knew about. Double damn! It turns out the only person I ever told, Yi (who also had a crush on him at that time), told Lin and the word spread. Triple damn! I felt so embarrased and of course I vehemently denied it in front of them.

Yen arrived late, had a soup, and left early for a movie. The rest of us adjourned to Rouge, a new club which had its grand opening last week. Apparently, it's managed by Irene Ang, a local entertainer. Jac knows the club's music director, so we got in free and had drinks on the house. The decor is mainly red, and it had the usual plush sofas round the place, bar in the middle and a big dancefloor by the end. It was unusually quiet for a Friday night, maybe because there isn't that much publicity about the place yet. The crowds started coming in only around midnight. In fact, the open-air bar downstairs, Pre-Rouge was more bustling.

Jac gave me a lift home as she lives around my area. I believe I mentioned it in one of my previous posts, but she's a very capable lady and her courage has really paid off. A Taiwanese firm offered her a near $20K monthly salary (including target bonus) for her to go over to Taiwan and help them but she rejected it. She wanted to concentrate on the distributorship rights for a gym gear she managed to obtain while she was working in Taiwan. She's currently doing that, in between freelancing as a gym instructor, teaching in polytechnics and acting as a consultant for the above-said firm. According to her, the pay isn't as good as that offered, but it's for the long-term prospects.

Compared to her, I feel like I have accomplished nothing. She dropped out of Uni and is now successfully doing what she enjoys. I followed the path, got my degree, became a professional and is now stuck in a boring job earning a miserable income. Am I happy and satisfied? No. Do I have the guts to change it? Not at the moment. Mainly because I have no idea what else I can do.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise