Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Cars and driving 

I just submitted nominations for the Fairvue fourth annual weblog awards

My driving license is expiring tomorrow, so I finally got into action and sneaked out from work to renew it this afternoon. I love driving! The minute I reached 18 (the required age), I signed up for driving lessons and took the test. It gives me a sense of freedom and makes me feel that I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want. It's also challenging weaving around the traffic. I don't consider myself a reckless driver, but I can be quite impatient at times.

I used to dream of buying my own car the first year I start working. But I very soon realize that that's an impossible mission in Singapore (unless you are blessed with wealthy parents) where you have to take into account sky-high COEs (Certificate of Entitlement), road tax, insurance, parking, ERPs (Electronic Road Pricing) and CBD (Central Business District) charges etc. I would be lucky if I can afford a car in the next five years. After calculation, I would need to at least double my pay to be comfortable buying one. So now, I can only content myself driving my dad's car at night and on weekends (which is subject to earlier booking than my bro).


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise