Me!    Wanna see my profile?



This site looks prettiest in 1024x768 resolution and Internet Explorer 6+.

Where are you from?

Who are they?
Articles
Links
flower doll
My Reads
Fashion Blogs
Archives
Free Guestbook from Bravenet

Who Links Here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Review My Site



Vote for me by clicking +



doll quote

Saturday, November 29, 2003

About Jac and deviation from the Singapore Plan 

More on Jac. I really admire her courage for not following the Singapore Plan. She studied architecture in University but dropped out after 1-2 years to become a fitness instructor. From then on, she ventured overseas (Taiwan) on fitness related jobs and studied more on such topics. And now, she's a freelancer working for a company distributing gym gear in Singapore, teaches classes in gyms and is basically living life the way she enjoys. Me? I don't have the guts to step out of the path. It has been instilled since young that to have a good life, you need to have a degree, you need to get a stable job which promises good future returns, you need to get married to a good man and settle down in a house which you spend 20 years paying for.

Another of our ex-JC classmate, Kar also recently gave up her Media firm job to study film-making. I wish, really wish, that I have the guts to follow in their footsteps. It would be heavenly to throw in my resignation letter on Monday and just go abroad to further my studies, take on a totally different subject, or to get a job which would give me the opportunity to see the world. However, there is too much at stake. To do so is to basically throw away what I have been working towards. I just handed Boss my application for a professional certification which requires her testimonial and signature on Thursday.


0 Revelations~

Post a Revelation



Copyright © 2003-2005 Shopaholic. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blorgy
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live] Blog Searchengine Listed on Blogwise